Modern bathrooms in wet rooms are purposely designed to make them look spacious, elegant, and functional. If you are converting your standard bathroom into a wet room, one of its main features includes the wall and flooring design. It is quite a challenge to pick the most stylish design because the options available are comprehensive. Additionally, what you choose will always match any house type. Hiring a professional wet room builder can make all things practical yet upbeat.
How a wet room is built
The concept of building a wet room is the convenience to move about, especially to people with mobility challenges. Typical wet room build do away with fixtures that serve as clutter. Most shower spaces of wet rooms do not have bathtubs or glass screens. If they do, they should be safety-friendly to avoid accidents.
Generally, the most exciting feature of a wet room is the sloping drain that completes its waterproof design. Efficient tanking by plumbers will protect the materials used in such an innovative bathroom.
The material you choose for your wet room floor will reflect its size, functionality, and appeal. Besides, a sophisticated wet room is a top-notch asset for your home’s resale value.
Begin your wet room innovation by considering the different aspects involved in building it:
- Waterproofing—Tanking or waterproofing is one of the main features of wet rooms. This is done to prevent leaks that will damage undersheet flooring and materials. Moisture and mold buildup are the main antagonists in flooring deterioration. Tanking also involves the walls, especially the ones near the shower. In line with waterproofing is the water drain. Your drain should strategically be positioned to allow proper flow of water on top of the appropriate flooring gradient.
- Users—Who’s going to use the bathroom? Is it the elderly? Do you have small children at home? Considering the users is aligned with safety. You only want the best for your loved ones. No matter how elegant your shower room could be if it cannot be enjoyed by some family members, then you need to re-evaluate your decision.
- Space—There’s too much joy in a spacious bath. Enjoying your “me” time in the bathroom in a less confined space will give you more freedom to move about and clean yourself up without restrictions. A cluttered place is a minor headache; psychologically, it affects you and can cause frustration when you feel you are in a confined space. The choice of materials affects how one perceives the size of your wet room. With expert designers, they can make your washroom wide and large even in a limited space. The professionals in Wet Room Pro know how to handle such an issue.
- Functionality (safety)—When it comes to safety, waterproofing should be made efficient to keep the wet room function properly for a long time. Low-quality materials will degrade their purpose. Sound materials also keep your wet room safe for users. To complement effective waterproofing, the choice of non-slip floors reduce the risks of accidents. Good-grip tiling will keep you away and your loved ones away from slips, falls, and injuries. Rubber floors and vinyl have high slip-resistance quality. Know the kinds of flooring from your designers that meet safety standards.
- Style—Styles can be visualised and realised. However, choose a wet room style that will match your home’s interior. There are endless choices in materials; from sleek to luxurious, the possibilities are endless. If you have your personal preference but not sure how to go about it, ask your contractor and architect as they can present your aesthetic choices. Your designer can also assess and tailor fit what’s best for your home that fits your budget.
- Fittings—Electrical fittings, such as light switches, types of lamps, bathroom accessory units, mirrors, and plumbing fittings which include faucets, showers heads, toilet tanks and flush should be appropriately installed and accordingly based on bathroom regulations. Rails, grab bars, and other necessities must be accessible all ages.
Choose your wet room professional builder
A crucial consideration to make is choosing a reliable builder for your wet room project. At Wet Room Pro, you will never go wrong, as our company has a reputation of guaranteed and efficient artistry through the years. Serving the areas of the UK; Plymouth, Cornwall, and Exeter, we offer a wet room build taking advantage of the latest marketing trends and modern technology to come up with a fully functional shower room crafted by the best in the industry.
Know more about our offers by filling in the information below or calling us through our contact numbers. Get more information on all aspects of our service.